Wild Boar Ribs
MAPLE BBQ WILD BOAR RIBS
5 hours 15 mins
5 hours 35 mins
Author: Joyce Schmalz
Recipe type: Game
• 4 to 5 lbs wild boar ribs (or your rib of choice)
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup molasses
• 1 cup maple syrup
• Mild Molasses BBQ Sauce or favorite BBQ sauce (but I highly suggest making the Mild Molasses BBQ Sauce!)
RELATED: Outdoor Cooking Series: Skillet Kale & Sausage Pizza
1. Place your ribs in a marinating style dish or a dish with a tight seal that can be flipped. Using gloves, first rub in the brown sugar and let sit for 10 minutes. Next rub in the molasses. Pour the maple syrup over top and gently rub into the ribs. Seal the container and let marinate for 4 to 5 hours, flipping every hour.
2. Set your grill on low, then place ribs on grill for a few minutes. Flip ribs and baste the top with BBQ sauce. Grill for a few more minutes and flip again. Baste the top with BBQ sauces. Repeat a couple more times, adding BBQ sauce each time you flip.
3. These ribs should take about 15 to 20 minutes to cook through, depending on size and heat. With wild boar ribs the meat does shrink a little on the bones, and once it stops shrinking this is a good sign they are done.
Amounts may vary depending on the amount of ribs you cook.